Monday 2 July 2012

Project proposal

Project proposal : insecure by Chloe Davies

For this project I have chosen to look at insecurities which has lead me to research cosmetic surgery and the reasons behind our insecurities. To help me research insecurities I had a group of girls between the ages of 16 and 22 write down their insecurities and put them in a box this helped me understand the most common insecurities in young females after reading the lists I wrote my own insecurities down and placed them among the insecurities of my peers. During my research I interviewed one of my friends who will be having some surgery done to enhance certain aspects of her body this helped me understand her reasons and views on surgery.
I will research  into my starting point which is  a song title (“ugly girl” by 100 monkeys ) after researching the band I will move onto artists such as Karla black photographers such as la Chappelle and Rankin and designers such as Thierry mugler.
I will experiment with techniques such as tie-dye, fab painting, printing and dip dying (wet Techniques ) , I will experiment with the techniques so that I have a wide variety of choice when it comes to making my complete garments/ collection. I will work on these techniques in different weeks so I can focus on each type of technique and decide which techniques will be used whilst creating my garments.
I will analyse each piece of work with annotations and my own opinion on the process and how I thought it turned out as well as collecting the views of my class mates in a peer assessment. I will photograph and document my development on my blog page, at the end of the project I will write an evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment