Tuesday 3 July 2012

Tie dye samples

During my exploration stage I tried a range of different techniques including batik and tie-dye,



sample one: I dripped wax onto a piece of fabric to and dipped it into a green dye combining batik and tie-dying, I really love the way this sample turned  out as it creates a lovely effect and gives a much cleaner mark than tying the fabric.

samples 2,3,4,5: For these samples I used different tye-dying techniques such as tying,folding and scruching the fabric then placing in to the bowl for dye leaving each sample in for a different amount of time to view the effect it had on the fabric and technique

sample 2&3: I folded the piece of fabric in half and contiue folding, once Ive finished folding the fabric I secure the folds by tying a strand of string around the middle of the fabric and place into the dye for around 2 mintues before removing the fabric piece and running it under cold then hot water then leaving it to dry.


sample 4&5&6: I scruched and twisted the fabric into multiple knots before placing it into the dye for 4 minutes when i then removed the samples and ran them under hot and then cold wated before leaving them to dry.

sample 6: On this sample I used abit of fabric manipulation, using a craft knife I made a small cut in the middle of the fabric and began to fray the edges of the fabric to create a ripped ragged effect.


I really love the way all my samples have turned out they are all quite quirky and bright.


No comments:

Post a Comment